Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Type Figures using Adobe InDesign

INTRODUCTION

For the "Type Figures using Adobe InDesign" project we played with letters and number in InDesign.

IMAGE 1

WHAT I DID

On this first image we had to use letters and number to create any such figure we wanted. I used and upside down number 1 for the stem of the flower, five "U"s for the peddles, and an "O" for the core of the flower.




IMAGE 2


With this next image we had to create a sentence where the letters had forms used to actually spell out a related title or concept. Irony and sarcasm were strong tools to incorporate.

WHAT I DID

I change the "I" in swing to a slanted exclamation point tricking the eye by making it look like a baseball bat.






IMAGE 3

Image three was to create an image having text wrap around it so the image would be visible without an outline. We did htis by using the text wrap selection and the pen tool to draw out the wanted image on InDesign.

WHAT I DID

For my image I used the outline of a hand followed by words saying to hand me a cup of water, in my hand I shall hold the cup. Sentences relating to holding a cup. 






IMAGE 4

Part four of the project was to create a sentence or phrase using internet 'emoticons' 

WHAT I DID

For my image I used the internet 'emoticon' of a smiley face to interpret how happy I was when my pizza came. 








IMAGE 5

For this last image we had to create a form in Photoshop using related text to the idea, but manipulate the text using Photoshop to better help communicate the idea of the word.

WHAT I DID

I used the word BITE and cut out parts of the image to look like bites were taken out of the letters of the word.
(where bites at?)
-Top left of the "B"
-Bottom left of the "I"
-Middle right of the "T"
-Top right middle of the "E"

No comments:

Post a Comment